Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Well our Thanksgiving extravaganza started Wednesday night. We went to my parent's house for my dad's side. There was lots of family there, and it was great to see them all. We saw my grandma, sisters, my mom and dad, We ate too much food. Brayden couldn't nap because it was so loud, so he passed out on our way home.

Thursday we had my mom's side. It was fun because Ryleigh and Bryn (my uncle's youngest two) are around Brayden's age so he could play with them. Whitney was there, and it was good to see her and her boyfriend as well. Brayden did well again!

Friday I went out at 4 a.m. shopping with my sisters! We went to Kohls first and then I was pooped so I came home.

We then headed to Ohio. Brayden did pretty well on the car ride up- we were hoping he would take a good nap, but he ended up waking up. We got there around 2, and went out to dinner that night. That was a little hard with him, because he has gotten into this new "screaming" phase where he likes to hear himself scream for fun and thinks it is funny. He decided to do this while in the middle in dinner. Saturday all of his family came over for dinner, and we ate and then opened my birthday gifts! I was excited to get the rest of the Twilight books. Sunday we went to church and then got home around 5. Brayden did well there. He had a crib and changing table that was his daddy's, and a new excersaucer and a duck bath tub! He loved it.

Some things I am thankful for:
1. My precious baby boy. He has changed my world completly and his little face is the best thing ever.
2. Another birthday! Although I am now getting closer to an age that is a bit scary- I love birthdays and had a great one with family! Here's to 25!
3. My job. I love second grade, and my little school. Although I am tired and frustrated at times, teaching is one of the few jobs where I have so much time off and off early hours.
4. My husband- Our relationship has forever changed since Brayden, but he is strong and consistent, and does a great job supporting our family.
5. My friends- I love having the support system that I do- from advice with babies and husbands, and teaching. Just having someone to talk to and lean on.
6. My family- They have been wonderful since Brayden and helped as much as possible.

Here's to another happy healthy year!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving :) I'm thankful for you !

Jackie said...

I just hit that scary age! It's scary at first but you get over it:)

I love the santa outfit. So cute!

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)