Sunday, November 16, 2008

Holiday Shopping! and 5 months old!

I did some online shopping, and Brooke and I went shopping this weekend for Christmas. It was lots of fun! I am so grateful to Drew for keeping Brayden because it would have been a mess to drag him in the rainy day. It was a wonderful day to have some girl time and really shop!
I can't reveal everything I bought in case some of you read this, but we did go to Toys R Us to get Santa presents. It was so overwhelming and so fun! Luckily I found the infant aisle to keep me focused, but it was still difficult. My mom told me to go ahead and pick out x amount for her and that way it made it easier for me to get more because I knew she was going in on it.
We got him a standing music table, a cd, a driver, a ball blower, a tool box, a few more toys, and a winter coat and mittens. It was a very productive trip. I have introduced Brayden to a few of the toys since he has no idea what day Christmas is on, and he has loved it all so far. It will be neat to see him grow into everything.
He was 5 months old on Thursday. He is roling over from tummy to back, jabbering, eating cereal, trying SOME baby food but not loving it yet, still waking up several times a night but going back to sleep, loving his Exersaucer, and has a rekindled love for his swing, giving kisses, leaning to you, playing (smiling and looking away), loves peekaboo, loves his Jerry the Giraffe toy, sits up in high chairs with blankets around him, doing better in his car seat (not wonderful but better), definitely recognizes people, likes being around other babies, eating less formula more cereal, growing like a weed- in 6 month clothes, almost out of his carseat, actually jumps in his Jump-n-go now instead of spinning, no actual teeth yet, loves Mr. Wiggles, and of course loves his mommy and daddy!! :)

2 comments:

Mama Smors said...

I am glad you got to play Santa yesterday!!! It is one of the exciting rolls we get to play as parents. Brayden is getting so big and doing so many big boy things. Tell him I will be ready for a kiss next time we all play. :)

Brooke said...

I was so glad we got our day out! I had a blast and am so excited to start wrapping presents. We need to play Santa once a month at least! haha... Glad Brayden is liking his toys :)

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)