Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Then last night we headed to Blake and Lauren's in Cincinnati for Caleb's first birthday party. The actual party was during Lynsie's shower so we had come to visit. Caleb was too cute, and him and Brayden played with his new wagon, swing set, and other toys. We watched the video of him eating (and playing) in his farm birthday cake. (It was too cute, Blake made it!) The boys went to bed and we were able to play games. Brayden slept in a pack-n-play in our room and did well. Then this morning the boys played some more, and we talked about going to the beach this summer. It will be quite a trip with out little men! We left after Brayden napped and headed home! Happy birthday Caleb!!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
So I was so surprised when my cousin called me the other night to tell me she is having a baby! Whitney called and said she is about 7 weeks pregnant, and is having a baby in September. I have been wanting Brayden to have a cousin, and here we go! It will be fun to have them grow up together and play!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Friday night was Drew's work's Christmas party (a month late), and it was a luau theme. We went and took Brayden which was interesting. It was in the town of Keene which was about 45 mins away, and Brayden had his cold and it was getting near bedtime when we started to eat. So we couldn't stay very long. But It was really nice to meet all the poeple Drew works with. They all bragged about how great a guy he is. :)
Saturday afternoon Drew's parents, Gran and Gramps, came into town to visit. We ate chilli, and hung out. Then they stayed the night, and watched Brayden on Sunday while Drew and I worked the nursery at church. (we didn't want to take him since he was sick!) He did really well for them, napped an hour and a half, and ate some prunes and a bottle. He was home playing on his sing and play stage when we got back. They stayed through the afternoon and visited, but then wanted to get back home before it was too late.
This weekend I was letting Brayden chew on my fingers as usual and I felt a tooth! On the bottom front poking through. Right beside it is another one coming through as well!
Sunday night we were supposed to visit Sarah, Greg, and Ivy and Kayla and Nick but Brayden napped late and by the time he woke up it was too late to head to lex! I was really disappointed. I really love seeing my friends, and it is hard finding a time when we can all meet. I know it will get easier soon.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
1. He is now pulling up in his crib. Whenever I try to lay him down for a nap- up comes his little head and I have to walk out so I don't laugh at him. :)
2. He is now preparing for crawling by rocking on his hands and knees! THis is too cute...he gets up on his hands and knees and starts rocking back and forth. He surprised Drew and I one day with this!
3. His hair is ultra thick. I have to cute every two weeks and it continues to thicken and get longer!
4. He eats like a maniac. Three times a day he is getting his solids now. He loves bananas. He tolerates vegetables when I subdue them with a bite of fruit. He likes the biter biscuits, but makes a complete mess.
5. He loves bath time. He loves slapping his arm down on the water and making big splashes. He also loves trying to get the loofah on the faucet so he can put it in his mouth.
6. If you are eating he has to be eating. This is a little difficult since he can't eat much yet besides baby food without choking, but if he sees you putting something in your mouth he has to be doing the same! So you need to have soemthing ready or hide your eating!
7. No teeth yet! We have seen the break in the gum but no little teethers have popped through!
8. He is still growing! Probably about 20 pounds (a few weeks ago was 19.5)
9. Loves being naked.
10. Lights up mine and Drew's life more than we ever imagined!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
1. Calming down- I feel like I constantly go go go as a working mommy, but I know there are times when I just need to sit down and relax and not worry about the house work or the bottles. I just need to relax.
2. Reading more books- I LOVE TO READ and really have been into the Twilight series and the Jodi Picoult books. I read a little over this past year but would like to indulge myself more in this.
3. being a great friend/sister/wife/mommy and a better Christian- Now this is so easier said than done but I do want to work on this. Be there for my friends unconditionally, support my sisters in their lives the way they have been there for me with everything these past few months, really focus on having a better attitude towards my husband (I love him but I really would like to LISTEN to him more instead of just taking my own opinions), not be so stressed out with the baby and work, and focus on having a consisten prayer life.
4. Do something for me. This year even if it is one day or a class or something I would like to do something for me. I have wanted to take yoga, or go on an all day shopping spree. I have been focused on really being here for Brayden and let the me time dwindle.
Ok friends now you know...you can help me now! :)
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
He did better with sleep last night. He is just not doing very long naps at his sitter's two days a week and that effects him at night...I hope today is better!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
1. Brayden's sleep. Since he was sick he had started waking up every fourty five minutes in the night and the only thing that would calm him down was the bottle. Friday he was cleared healthy and we started to break that habit. Friday night he was up from 11:30-12:00 crying and 1:00-2:00 (Now I go in every five minutes and check on him). Saturday night he was up 4:00-4:10. And SUnday night 6:00. So it got much better. Then last night it was every 45 minutes again!! I'm not sure what to do....I am back at work and would like to sleep, but most importantly I want him to be able to sleep. He seems fine once he is awake he is happy for the day but the nighttime is crazy. Help.
2. Food. Right now Brayden is on the cereal bottle, babyfood bottle, bottle, babyfood bottle, bed time bottle. How long did you keep giving the bottles in between the food meals? He is six and a half months and I know eventually will move to just the solids and a bottle in the morning and at night but wasn't sure when...
Monday, January 5, 2009
Saturday we went to Bryn's (my cousins) first birthday party. Brayden loved playing with her and Ryleigh, and loved Bryn's birthday present- the sing along stage. He loved looking at himself in the mirror and watching the lights and music. He liked it so much I went and got hime one! I know I am terrible. Bryn loves Brayden though, and the entire time was trying to hug and kiss him- hilarious.
Yesterday we went to church and Brayden ate his bottle in the service, and I took him to the nursery. Well he got called out of the nursery again because he wouldn't stop crying! They took him out of the exersaucer and he went bananas. Brayden 2 Nursery 0
Then Drew and I headed to Florence to meet his family for dinner for Audra and Roxane's birthdays. We left Brayden with Aunt Megan because it fell right in a nap time. We had fun and he did great with his aunt!
We have been tackling the sleep problem- since his ear infections he was waking up every fourty five minutes at night screaming. Since then we have let him cry it out (I go in and check every three minutes!) and it has gotten better. The first night two hours, last night not till 6 a.m. Much better!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
1. January 29, 2008 We found out we were having a healthy baby boy! I was raised in a family of girls, and had no idea what to expect with a boy and was SO excited.
2. March 2008 I retired (for the time being) from my position as the Royal Spring cheerleading coach after two years. Cheerleading was a passion of mine growing up, and it was amazing to be able to share that with the middle school girls, but it was time to spend more time with the baby coming.
3. June 3, 2008 Drew and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! We have been together now 5 years, and I love growing our marriage more every day.
5. July 1, 2008 (This wasn't a great thing, but a significant thing in my life) My Grandpa "Pop" passed away from a long battle with pneumonia. He was the first grandparent I have lost, but I know he is so much healthier now in heaven!
6. August 2008 Drew, Brayden, and I went to Hilton Head with Drew's family. We stayed in a house for a week. I LOVE the beach, and it was great to experience it with our 8 week old baby!
7. August 2008 Drew got a job in his field!! After a year and a half search for something in the public health field, Drew got a job at the Lexington Health Deparment as a health educator for tobacco. He worked so hard and I was so proud of him for being so diligent.
8. November 21, 2008 we dedicated Brayden at church. This was an awesome experience in which a lot of our family came to see. God is the foundation of our family, and the sole reason we make it from day to day. We are excited to raise Brayden in church.
- ▼ 2009 (54)
- ► 2008 (69)
Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)