Thursday, January 1, 2009

8 great things 2008

Here are 8 great things that happened in 2008!


1. January 29, 2008 We found out we were having a healthy baby boy! I was raised in a family of girls, and had no idea what to expect with a boy and was SO excited.

2. March 2008 I retired (for the time being) from my position as the Royal Spring cheerleading coach after two years. Cheerleading was a passion of mine growing up, and it was amazing to be able to share that with the middle school girls, but it was time to spend more time with the baby coming.

3. June 3, 2008 Drew and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! We have been together now 5 years, and I love growing our marriage more every day.

4. June 12, 2008 at 3:04 p.m. my sweet Brayden Andrew was born. Weighing in at 8 lbs 10 ounces and 20 inches long he came with a full head of hair! Giving birth was easier than I expected with great help from the epideral, and this was the proudest moment of my life.

5. July 1, 2008 (This wasn't a great thing, but a significant thing in my life) My Grandpa "Pop" passed away from a long battle with pneumonia. He was the first grandparent I have lost, but I know he is so much healthier now in heaven!

6. August 2008 Drew, Brayden, and I went to Hilton Head with Drew's family. We stayed in a house for a week. I LOVE the beach, and it was great to experience it with our 8 week old baby!

7. August 2008 Drew got a job in his field!! After a year and a half search for something in the public health field, Drew got a job at the Lexington Health Deparment as a health educator for tobacco. He worked so hard and I was so proud of him for being so diligent.

8. November 21, 2008 we dedicated Brayden at church. This was an awesome experience in which a lot of our family came to see. God is the foundation of our family, and the sole reason we make it from day to day. We are excited to raise Brayden in church.

No comments:

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)