Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sick

So this has thrown us for a loop. Brayden has had his first big sickness. We got home from Ohio Sunday night, and he had a low fever of 100. We gave him some Tylenol, and took him to the doctor on Monday. They said it was just a cold. Then Tuesday night in the middle of the night he woke up screaming with a temperature of 104! We were so scared. He was bright red, and screaming. I called the doctor and they told us to give him Motrin because he is getting ready to turn 6 months. Then I took him to the doctor on Wednesday and found out he had a double ear infection! They gave us some drops for his ears, and an antibiotic. He spent the whole day Tuesday and Wednesday either whining or crying. Not napping, not eating.
Drew was home with him on Monday and I have been home with him since Tuesday. This has been the longest break I have ever had from work, but he has been so sick and totally comes first.
He has all his medicine lined up to take, and he has actually been doing better today. He isn't the same ol B. but he is much better! He has napped well today and actually gave me a little laugh earlier!
We haven't slept but are hoping this is going to get better! Thanks to those of you who have called and asked how he was doing!

5 comments:

Mama Smors said...

Glad that he is feeling better. Ear infections are NO fun!!!

Jackie said...

I'm sorry he is so sick. I hope he feels better soon!

Sid said...

I'm glad to hear Brayden is feeling better.

Nicole said...

Ear infections are stinky!! Glad to hear he's feeling a little better. Hope you get some sleep soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing!

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)