Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fantastic Friday and Weekend!

Well this Fantastic Friday started off me getting the stomach flu around 2 a.m. It was lovely. I tried going into school Friday thinking it was food posioning and should go away, and I was nervous from missing days the prevous week with Brayden. When I got there my principal sent me home because the stomach flu was going around. So I spent the day in bed. Due to my lovely fever and vomitting here are those things that made it easier and made it a better Friday.
1. my warm and cozy bed
2. having Brittany to call as a substitute ready and willing to come in for me and always doing a good job
3. having good babysitters- even though my mom had a dinner party Friday night she kept Brayden a little longer so I could sleep whilst sick until Drew got off work
4. good friends that brought me soup :)
5. my wonderful husband that took care of me, and the baby- through the middle of the night and all
6. my generous sister who came over to help Drew for a while

Well I am finally starting to feel better and that is the most fantastic thing of all. I hate not being able to hold my sweet baby or help Drew with the work he entails. :)

Last night Drew and I went to our Sunday School annual Christmas Party. It was a catered dinner at our teacher's house. It was so nice to see everyone because we haven't been very consistent to class due to our little napper. Megan kept him for us last night, and the little baby woudln't go to sleep until we came home. He wouldn't take the bottle or lay down for anyone but else. I felt bad for Aunt Megan, but it was sweet that he wanted us.

I felt bad today, because Drew's family had a reunion in Ohio that they really wanted us to come to. It was this afternoon adn it would have been a two hour trip up and back and hit right at two nap times. We decided not to go because of the predicament and me with the recovering flu. We feel bad letting his family down but we had to do what was best for the baby, Not always a popular decision but best for him. We will be back up there in two weeks for Christmas and will hopefully see them all soon!

1 comment:

Mama Smors said...

so glad you are feeling better. the stomach flu is the WORST! we need to have a talk about Breaking Dawn.... oh my :)

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)