Sunday, October 12, 2008

4 Months old!

So now baby Brayden will be four months old tomorrow! I know I have slacked on the blogging, but if you are a mommy I think you understand the demands of the first few months. Especially if you are working!
I just had the week off for fall break, and loved spending every moment with him. He went to the doctor on Friday and weighed 16 pounds 11 ounces. He is 90% for weight, 50% for height, and 65% for head. He had three shots, and it was horrible! Thankfully Drew came to the appointment with me, and he was able to hold him down this time.
He has been cleared to start eating rice cereal now. We actually have him eating barley instead of rice to help with his constipation problems. So far we have tried for two days, and he has HATED the cereal. SO....we are going to have to try to figure something out here. :)
He has been sleeping through the night since about 8 weeks. But this last week he has been waking at around 4 a.m. Drew and I felt the woes of early infancy all over again. We fed him the first few nights, but last night we let him cry so he would learn to sleep through the night again. It was so hard! He cried for 30 minutes, and then fell back asleep till 9:30 a.m! So he clearly wasn't hungry but just wanted to wake up!
He is changing and growing so much. He was getting a little bored in his swing, so I went out yesterday and got him an Exersaucer from Wal-Mart (about half the price of Babies-R-Us) and he LOVES it! He squeels, and laughs and loves exploring all the new things on his toy! He also has started in his Jumperoo. he loves that as well! He isn't jumping yet, but spinning around in it. He can hold his head up, laugh out loud, play with a toy, grab for things, stomp his feet, roll over!! (this started this week.)
I will try to keep this updated more often. I go back to work this week, and am sad to leave him.....

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so glad you're back blogging again! I've read the labor and delivery post about a million times! haha Brayden is getting so big and is adorable! We did fruit in Ella's cereal for a while and she loved it! You could try that--maybe prunes. They will help with constipation too :) I hope to see you this week sometime! Have a good week back!

Mama Smors said...

YAY!!! A baby brayden update :) It was great to see you all yesterday.

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)