Monday, February 23, 2009

Ohio Grandparents visit

So this weekend Drew, myself, Brayden, and Wiggles packed up and headed to visit the Ohio grandparents for the weekend. Friday after school we hopped in the car and off we went! Once we hit downtown Cincinatti we hit some heavy traffic. Wiggles started acting funny and before we knew it he was pooping in the back seat! We yelled at him and then he went to the front seat to finish pooping! I looked over and Brayden was laughing and when I bent over I smelled him as well. He had pooped through his sweats and onto the car seat! We were no where near Drew's parents house yet and had no idea what to do. While we are being totally disgusted WIggles throws up in the floor. It was so gross. Thankfully we were near Blake and Lauren's hosue and called them but they weren't home. They said they had a key out so we were able to get in and use the cleaning supplies, a hose, and baby stuff to get the grossness under control.

When we finally made it to their house after three hours (normally it is a two hour trip) we had some pizza and hung out. Brayden was so happy and played in the floor. He showed off his laughing, jabbering, and semi-crawling. Saturday night we went to a spagetti dinner at a church where a lot of his family goes. Brayden was very overwhelmed with all the people. Once he screamed at everyone who came up to him he finally calmed down and enjoyed the music.

He actually slept in till 9 each day and Drew and I enjoyed the rest! His nights have been restless with teething. We headed home Sunday after lunch. Brayden had a good time and it is always good to visit!

7 comments:

Mama Smors said...

Sleeping until 9:00!! WOW that is awesome :)

Nicole said...

Wow, I think that's a trip you'll never forget!! Glad you got some rest!

Brooke said...

I'm glad the visit went well! And, yay for sleeping until 9!

Lauren said...

I am so glad you guys were able to get into our house! I can't imagine the mess. Next time, I hope we can see each other!

Anonymous said...

Parents are blessings of God, but grandparents are the ‘grand blessings’ of God. Those who have these blessings are the lucky ones.

Brittany said...

Oh man...sorry about all the poop on Friday...Cinci does that to you sometimes, scares the poop right out of you with all the crazy traffic. At least you had some place to stop to clean up.

Terri T said...

I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time!!! I even called Willy in the room so I could read it to him- I'm sure it was not funny being in the mess, but I'm glad you posted about it because it definitely made me laugh harder than I have in a while!!! Glad you had such good friends that had a home available in such a bind!

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)