Sunday, November 11, 2007

Much Better

So since I have been on the new medicine I have not thrown up ONCE!!! It has been fantastic. It is just very comforting to be able to get through a work day without running out of the room several times to throw up. And then driving home without having to pull over to throw up.
At first I felt guilty for having to go on medication, and figured I just needed to push through the symptoms of pregnancy. Different people also helped me to feel guilty by adding that they would never go on medicine. (Then proceeded to tell me that they also never threw up while pregnant.) So after talking to the doctor and a few friends who DID use the medicine because they also threw up all the time, I am now VERY glad to be vomit free! I feel like I can actually function, and do a good job at work instead of trying to just deal with the students.
My appetite has been up, and I am now hoping to gain weight as opposed to losing it.
Drew has been relieved that the constant vomitting is over, and now tries to get me to eat every chance he can get. :)
Everyone has their predictions on what the sex of the baby is going to be. I actually have no idea, and would be thrilled either way. We will of course find out what it is as soon as we can!! ( I think it will be in January.)
Here is to no more vomitting and actually enjoying eating!!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Don't listen to those people or let them make you feel guilty. They have NO IDEA what it is like to throw up all day long. Zofran is wonderful and safe!

Now you can enjoy your pregnancy!!!

Anonymous said...

Ashley
I believe this medication is an answer to prayer! I am so thankful that the vomiting has stopped and you can enjoy this time rather than dread it. You are ALREADY a good mom because you are cautious about what you expose the baby to and I am proud of you and daddy-to-be! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I enjoy checking out your baby news from time to time!
I took Zofran with both of my boys...the first pregnancy it didn't work at all, but the second time it worked wonders! Both of my babies are perfectly fine and your baby will be wonderful too! People are going to tell you what to do/not to do and how to raise your kids for the rest of your life!!! Just get used to saying..."now there's an idea" (ignore the idea or take the advice) and then keep on doing what ever it is you want to do...that's the right you get since you deliver the little miracle! I hope you start to feel better, but cherish every day that you have with this little one inside you. It will be over all too soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Now hopefully, you will be able to enjoy all the yummy Thanksgiving food and not feel so bad. Don't feel guilty about taking medication. You have to take care of yourself to take care of Baby Beckett! ( By the way, I'm thinking girl!)

Lauren

Brooke said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! I hope things continue to go smoothly! Being pregnant can be lots of fun!! :)

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)