Monday, November 19, 2007

Doctor's Visit!!!

Well today was our first doctor's visit, and I am at nine and a half weeks. It was amazing!!! I didn't know what all this visit was going to entail, but it was alot! Drew and my mom went with me.
I had a pap smear (ouch), and a vaginal ultrasound (didn't hurt as bad), and blood taken (not very fun.) I am down about ten pounds still from my starting weight.
The ultrasound was awesome though. I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to see anything, or not be able to tell where it was in the picture, but as soon as the picture popped up I could see the baby on it's side. It's hands were moving back and forth, and then the baby started sucking it's thumb!! I also didn't think our baby was old enough/or had big enough fingers to do that!
Drew was funny. Every time the doctor came in and went to remove the sheet he RAN to the top of the bed. He was amazed when the ultrasound picture came up on the screen on how well we could see it. I think he was also relieved to know there was only one baby in there!
This made it seem a lot more real getting to see the baby! We got a bunch of pictures, and actually got a 3-d ultrasound. (It helps knowing the doctor- I was her daughter's teacher last year.)
We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was very loud and fast! We go back in four weeks to check the heartbeat and such, and in a few more visits we will be able to find out if it is a girl or a boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on seeing your baby and a great doctors visit. I am so glad everything is ok! So exciting to see your little one moving. Such a miracle!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

You should see this baby! It's the cutest baby EVER!! God has truly been good to all of us. Mom

Brooke said...

I am so glad the doctor's appointment went well! The pictures were so cute and I know baby Beckett is going to be so precious! You should scan the pictures so everyone else can enjoy :) I hope you and Drew have a great Thanksgiving! Feed the baby well :)

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)