Thursday, November 29, 2007

Eleven Weeks

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
Yesterday I had a student tell me that she could see my baby sticking out! Meaning she could see my little bump! At first I was taken aback- to actually have someone notice it, because your first reaction is you don't want to look big, but then I was excited that other people were beginning to notice.
Tomorrow is my 24th birthday, and I will be about three months pregnant. Much different than any other birthday, but more important!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday :) Sorry I couldn't make it Saturday! I hope you all had a nice lunch! I'm excited your kids noticed the belly :) It will only get bigger and you'll get more and more proud.

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)