Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Eight Weeks

Well my nausea and vomitting has been a bit out of control especially today. I got sick TEN times today while at work and decided to talk to the doctor. They prescribed Zophran for me to take. I am starting it in the morning, and am hoping that it will help me get through the day. I am ready for a NEW pregnancy sympton other than vomitting- I will take more peeing, gaining weight- anything to trade in for this!
The baby is now 5/8 of an inch long,
about the size of a kidney bean. New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally called the doc. Zofran is pretty good stuff. It's used for patient's with nausea from chemo. Hopefully you will get some relief!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
I am so glad the Zophran is working! Perhaps now you can get back up to your staring weight. Love, Mom

Jackie said...

Zofran helped me so much! I took it during the day well into my second trimester (and Phenergan at night)! I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)