Monday, May 4, 2009

Fun Weekend and some thoughts

Friday night was my mom's birthday so we headed to my parent's house for dinner with them. We grilled out steaks and it was yummy!

Saturday night Sarah, Greg, and Ivy came to visit. We ate pizza, and the babies played. (I call them babies but they are quickly growing up!) Ivy wasn't used to Brayden toddling around, and it took her a little while to warm up. Once she did they had a ball. It was so nice to get to hang out and talk.

Sunday we went to church and Brayden lasted twenty mins in the nursery before I had to go in there with him. The workers said he did so well until he realized he didn't know anyone in there. He screamed like a maniac. Once I was in there he calmed down and ate lunch.

I have also been thinking about birthday gifts for Brayden. He loves this play kitchen at Big Lots, and so I have thought that would be a good gift for him. Of course Drew first reacted like he didn't want this for a boy because it was too girly. Things like that don't even cross my mind. It doesn't bother me at all for him to play with any toy even a doll- I don't think a toy "girlies" up a boy. I have heard from a lot of people that they would never get their son a kitchen. Well- say if he wants to play cook- so be it...doesn't make him girly to me. :)

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey, there are plenty of manly chefs out there! :)

Megan said...

My husband cooks more than I do these days! A play kitchen would make a great gift that he will be able to play with for years.
Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Lauren said...

I think a toy kitchen would be great! Caleb likes Abby's. Blake is pretty masculine and he is the best cook in our house. Doesn't Drew know that most chefs are men! Blake and his brothers each had a doll of their own as well.

Jackie said...

I think a toy kitchen is a perfect gift! Dolls are good for boys too! Lots of my friends who have boys have bought kitchens for their sons and they love them!

Mama Smors said...

I know several boys with kitchens and on those chef shows most of them are men!! Brayden might be a famous chef someday :)

Greg and Laurel said...

Woody and I took care of the baseball toy department. I had a play kitchen and Garrett loved it too. My dad is the cook in our family...

Brooke said...

I definitely think a kitchen would be a great idea! There is nothing better than a man who likes to cook for his wife... Brayden will learn at a young age! :)

Doodles-N-Dots said...

I think a kitchen is a great gift! I worry that Emmie will never want one because she won't know what to use it for...I guess that means I need to actually USE my kitchen :)

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)