Saturday, December 19, 2009

Updates!

So I am so excited to have the next two weeks off of work! I love my job, but this year has been trying with my extra load of students. I also love the time to reconnect with my sweet little boy and spend some quality time with him.

Brayden has been sick the last few days with a cold. He doesn't like taking his medicine, and has been extra sleepy.

We did go to his swim lesson today at the Pavilion. We started these a few weeks ago, and he does really well. He is the youngest one in the class, but he jumps in the pool, reaches for objects, is learning to float and kick and become really comfortable with the water.

Brayden still loves his books, and will bring a book to you and back up and sit in your lap for you to read it to him. He also loves music. As soon as we get in the car he says music and we have to turn on his veggie tale cd. Whenever we are upstairs we have to listen to his music and jump on the bed "monkey" as he likes to call it, while the music is playing. When the song ends he bounces down on his bottom and claps. Then we are up and bouncing again for the next song.

He knows his colors, can repeat the letters in the alphabet after me, and can tell you pretty much anything that he wants. He still gets his paci in bed, but has been a trooper with letting go of it during the day. We are thinking about trying taking the paci away soon, but we will see how that goes! He was terrified of the bath tub for a few months, but now loves bath time again. He is terrified of getting his nails or hair cut. Which is real convienent since he needs that done all the time! He loves looking at the Christmas cards we have received, and naming the people in the pictures.

We have been wondering how he is going to do with the arrival of his baby brother, and thankfully there is a baby at Krisi's house that is getting him used to a newborn. He has done so well with baby Sarah that I am optimistic. He says "gentle" when he touches her, and whenever he talks to Sarah or about Sarah he talks in a high pitched voice.

Brayden goes to the doctor on Monday for his 18 month check up, and we go to the doctor on Tuesday for Keaton's check up. I will post about how both boys are doing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new pictures and the look of your new blog! I never get tired of following up on my favorite fam!! Mom

Nicole said...

I bet he'll be a wonderful big brother!!

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)