Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Brayden and Keaton updates!

Yesterday Brayden went to the doctor for his 18 month checkup. I was already a little wary about getting his shots because he has had a cough and runny nose. Come to find out he has an ear infection so we did forgo the shots for two more weeks when they will check his ear again. They put him on an antibiotic, and hopefully his ear will clear up!

Every time the nurse of doctor even approaches Brayden he freaks out. Putting him on the scale, measuring his length, and head, listening to his heart, looking in his ears and eyes all result in a meltdown that would make you think they were stabbing him! We are a little dramatic at the doctor's office!

Besides the meltdowns and the ear infection, Brayden is growing beautifully. He weighed 27 pounds in the 60 percentile, measured 33 1/2 inches in the 75 percentile, and his head was in the 95 percentile. :) Dr. Q. was very impressed with how he had grown two inches in the last three months and how tall he had gotten! He is also right on target with the milestones.

Today I went to the doctor to get an update on Keaton. I had gained 6 pounds this month which brought me to 121. My weight is now gaining instead of losing. Dr. Spirek was very excited about my weight gain, and although Drew tries to give me a hard time about how my weight fluctuates so much she told me I need to gain as much as I can. So I am very excited about enjoying my foods. Keaton's heart rate was 160- he is just as active as his brother always was. We go back next month for the glucose test.

Until then we will be enjoying Christmas break. I am spending time with my sweet Brayden and getting some rest! My house is clean and I haven't had to rush like I normally do during the work week. It is very nice!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad everything is going great with both boys and that you are gaining some weight! Hopefully you will be able to eat eat eat and enjoy the last several months with no sickness! I'll be praying for that :)

Nicole said...

Hope little Brayden's ear gets better soon! Bailey was the same way when it came time to get weighed and such at the doctor...it was always an ordeal. Glad to hear little Keaton is doing well too!

Mama Smors said...

Isn't it nice to have christmas break to catch up on blogging!! I have missed reading about you and your boys. I hope Brayden feels better soon and I am glad that you aren't feeling quite so sick either. HOpe you all have a great Christmas!

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)