Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gatlinburg

Brayden and I returned today from Gatlinburg. We went with my parents and sisters. We stayed in a cabin up in Pigeon Forge.

Brayden had some trouble adjusting to his new place to sleep. It took a while for him not to be scared of sleeping in the cabin. He had a ball though playing in the hot tub, swimming in the baby pool, and playing on the playground. My dad and sisters and I went horseback riding one morning. That was fun! We had to keep the horses on the trail, and it was a beautiful ride through the mountains. My family went to some shows at night, and I stayed back with Brayden. He is not quite ready to sit through a show!

It was such great quality time to spend with my family. We joked that a lot of the things we did could have been done in Georgetown, but we knew that it was just taking the time to do them.

We were supposed to stay another day, but my great grandmother "Gran" passed away and we had visitation and funeral tonight and tomorrow. It is always sad to lose a family member, but she was 96 years old and lived a long life! She passed in her sleep and is now in heaven with her husband.

Drew left for Phoenix yesterday for work. He will be home late Friday night. It has been so hard not having him around. I can't wait to see him again!

4 comments:

Mama Smors said...

Glad you had fun on your trip and sorry about your Gran. 96 and passing in your sleep.... that is a wonderful life!! I bet Drew misses you and Brayden a lot. Can't wait until Saturday!

Nicole said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Nick leaves for a week at the end of the month and I'm already getting a little nervous about it.

So sorry to hear about your Gran, but I'm glad she went peacefully.

Lauren said...

I am glad you had a great time with your family. Sorry abour Gran. Sounds like she had the right idea.

Anonymous said...

Once I was a baby I went to Gatlinburg. I hit my head on a stool. :[

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)