Thursday, December 27, 2007

15 Weeks

Well we had a great Christmas holiday, and baby Beckett got all sorts of gifts! We received books, music, outfits, blanket, and odds and ends for the baby. Thanks to all for the wonderful gifts! It was definitely interesting to hear everyone's reactions to my growing belly. Some people didn't even think I looked pregnant, while others thought I was huge! (That was mostly my family thinking I was big, I guess compared to where I was before.) Some people want/think I am definitely having a boy while others are sold that it is a girl.
As for us- we have no inkling or idea what the baby could be! I can definitely tell that my belly is growing, and see the difference in my waist line. I am still on the medicine. I forgot to take it over the excitement of the holidays, and had a wonderful vomitting morning! So I am totally still taking and thriving on the medicine.
This week with the baby- Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you all had a wonderful Christmas! Next year will be even more fun :) :) Love you guys!

Jackie said...

It sounds like you had great Christmas! I agree with Brooke...next year will be more fun!

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)