Tuesday, June 10, 2008

39 weeks and good news!

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
We went to the doctor today! Both grandmas came and got to see him in his last ultrasound. The ultrasound tech estimated his weight to be 7 lbs 15 ounces. The doctor decided that since he is pretty big, and his tummy is measuring bigger and bigger she wants to go ahead and induce. So unless Brayden has plans to come before then we are going to head to the hospital Thursday night. They will "get my cervix ready" until the next morning when the doctor will come in and break my water. This will start labor and little guy will be here some time either Friday afternoon or Friday night. I hadn't gained any weight this week, which they say is normal. So my total weight gain so far is 26 pounds. I was sent to the hospital today for a stress test to just make sure everything was still going ok with Brayden. I stayed for about an hour while they watched his heart rate and everything was good.
I am feeling physically pretty good. Now I am just anticipating his arrival, and now my mind is running a mile a minute thinking about him coming! So here we are with three days at the latest- we'll see if he comes before....here's to lucky Friday the 13th!

1 comment:

BabyHopes08 said...

Congrats! I loved reading your blog - good luck to you and hope you have a nice, healthy, safe delivery!

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)