Thursday, February 14, 2008

22 Weeks!

Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound. His skin will continue to appear wrinkled until he gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his head and body is now visible. His lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath his gum line. His eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily.
I am getting bigger! Brayden is moving around a lot, and I am definitely looking pregnant! It has been a little rough sleeping now. Drew got me a pre-natal massage for V-day that I used a little early over one of my snow days and it was AWESOME! Brayden loved it too because he was moving around the whole time! I thought I was doing really well with the sickness and hadn't taken a pill basically this whole week, but when I started back to school after the snow days it crept back. I think it is just getting up early and pushing my body that makes the hormones kick in with the sickness. No worries, I will just continue to take the magic medicine that holds back the sickness.
We were also very blessed and given a bedroom set for him from a teacher I work with. She gave us the crib, changing table, and dresser, and it looks great!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't wait for him to be here :)

Gina (Nana) said...

ASHLEY YOU LOOK VERY CUTE WITH YOUR FAT LITTLE BELLY :)

Family on Christmas

Family on Christmas
Merry Christmas

Spiky hair

Spiky hair
All dolled up for Christmas in Ohio

My little Santa

My little Santa
Ho Ho Ho!

Happy boy

Happy boy
On the way to church

Mostly about Brayden and Keaton, and the Beckett family! :)